18 May 2012

A Diary of Reflections of Form 11 Pre Termers

“ I came in with lots of apprehensions in my mind as I was moving in to a day boarding school like Pathways which was very different from the boarding environment that I was used to. Pathways was very different. There was a beautiful relationship shared  between  juniors and  seniors and between the  teachers and students. The interest students took in various activities, sports and extra co-curricular activities was great. The interest students took in learning both outside and inside the classes with the help of different means was great. The manner is which Conservation and exploration of the waste and biodegradable things that’s produced in the school was done was indeed great. Everyone in the school seems to be happy and friendly. It appears they know each other for a long time and that’s great”.   – Aadhar Dewan
“To be honest when I came in I was amazed by everything in the school.. The class rooms, the facilities , the sport’s block etc. What I least cared about initially was the academics. But when I started with my pre-term classes ,  I started to gain interest in the academics as well. The main aspect which got me to IB was the vast choice of subjects. I really liked our time table and the balance of it with different activities such as CAS, CASA, Pottery, Art etc.
The pedagogy of teaching at Pathways is  based on research work and self learning which is really good. We actually struggled the first few days, adjusting not understanding what work we were given. The  “Skill Based Learning” methods  actually helps us  develop the skills and  learn something for a change. I really feel happy that I was right about choosing IB”.  Shivin Moza

I really like the way our teachers teach us through ppt’s which actually increases our knowledge about the subject. Now is I don’t ask people how much time is left for the lesson to get over because we are studying really practical and interesting topics. The school has great sports facilities. Now,  I am very much familiar with everyone in the school and I look forward to seek more opportunities both in sports and academics. I no longer see school as a  burden but now for me, it’s a place where I enjoy to my fullest in every aspect”.   - Sarthak Gaur
“For me who has studied in a CBSE school all my life, IB was  a very different yet interesting curriculum. There are two new things - TOK and CASS, which I was exposed to here. TOK-Theory of Knowledge lessons opened up a whole new perspective to me. TOK is about having a deeper knowing of something, questioning it etc. Another interesting and enlightening thing that we did is CAS. CAS basically is community service which enables and encourages us to contribute something good to the community. In my personal experience, it also makes you feel good about yourself, doing something for the good of someone. These two new things that have been introduced to me in IB  have made the experience all the more wonderful for me”.     Neha Gupta


“Sports! It’s not just a term which is used to represent any sport. I think sports is a basic component which teaches us team spirit, discipline and also the significance of win and lose. I have turned a new leaf for myself in the field of sports . I am really happy being a part of the Pathways family. I found it very astonishing that Pathways has a very good sport curriculum. Students here are free to choose any sport of their choice so that they can easily excel in any particular field. Also the sports faculty here is very welcoming to students . As compared to other schools Pathways has formed a niche for itself in the field of sports. It has now been a month for me in the Pathways family and I have played every sport available in this school. I really enjoy being at Pathways and play sports of my choice without any hesitation of winning and losing. Here every child is given chance to prove himself both in sports and academics and that is indeed wonderful”.Siddharth
“The moment I came to pathways, I was scared and there were so many apprehensions in my mind about how the people there would be like.. After four or five days when I started getting used to the system and had made some friends, I started enjoying it. I’ve realized that people here are very different. People are more warm, open, frank and friendly here. Teachers especially, are very friendly and nice. I’ve never been so frank with any teacher as I’ve been in Pathways. The activities, assemblies and some new things like TOK and CAS are very interesting and fun. Students are very creative and I’m exploring a lot more than earlier. I’ll take some time to fully open up with people but as of now, I think, I’m enjoying this pre-term session and looking forward to further activities in the new session beginning August”. Pratyush
Our Pre – term parents have been a great support. A feedback received from a pre-term parent :
Feedback from Mr. Som Sharma – Father of Siddharth Sharma Pre-term Form 11

“ It gives me immense pleasure to get your mail regarding my son , Siddharth Sharma, and I wish to congratulate everyone including myself on successful plantation of a life in Pathways family, as I always believe that when you uproot a life from somewhere and put him in different condition and atmosphere, it takes a little extra efforts from everyone to see that we get good results, at least in Siddharth's case i am confident that we are in the right direction”.