16 September 2012

Mock MUN at Pathways World School, Aravali

A group of twelve students from Pathways School Noida were sent to Pathways World School Aravali on 1st September ‘12, to attend a mock MUN session. The aim of this workshop was to help students gain an understanding of the functioning of an actual Model United Nations.                
Honestly, when I was first told that I was selected for the mock session, I was a bit apprehensive about it and wasn’t sure if that’s how I wanted to spend my weekend. Little did I know that the whole experience would be so enriching!
The day started early, even though we reached a bit late. It was pleasant to see all participants present in formal attire, motivating first-timers like us.
The first day was just an introduction to the sessions, and I found the day to be long and tiring. We were given time for research and preparations for the next day’s meeting’s post dinner, but since everyone was so exhausted, we only did a bit and slept early.
The next day we were all assigned committees, and I was selected to the ECOSOC, whose meeting was held in the huge and extensive library of Pathways Aravali. The mock session went for about 5 hours, and then after expressing our gratitude to their principal, we left for Noida
On the whole, it was a great experience, a perfect combination of education and enjoyment -- visiting a new place with friends, socializing with people from schools all over, and preparing ourselves for future inter-school MUNs!
Ashira Singh
Form 11