26 April 2012

Our First Radio Broadcast

We had our radio broadcast on 20th April. We all came up with an idea of making our own radio broadcast for the primary school. The purpose was to show our understanding of how a radio station works.

We first thought of who will do what. Mutually we decided that Neel Barun and Tamanna will be the radio jockeys, Jin and Dev will be the people to read the news, I and Vanshika will quiz the people and Neel Verma and Snigdha will interview the 'six sense' band. Esha and Louise were to be with the students downstairs to interact with the listeners during the quiz. We also came up with our place of the studio. Our plan was to broadcast the radio when the teachers and students will be having breakfast after the assembly.

The challenge for us was to keep our voice higher. We also couldn’t see anyone so that’s why we had to be alert. When we conduct an assembly, everybody concentrates and we can express through our face, body language and voice. But in a radio we had to show expressions through our voice only. Also we didn’t know if everybody is listening to us or not because we couldn’t see them.

I learnt how to coordinate with my partners and be confident. I also learnt how to communicate through voice modulation and not by looking at anyone. The learner profile which I tried to develop was risk-taker and knowledgeable because this was my first time I was working in a radio and I learnt how to be loud enough so that everybody can hear me.

I felt very happy and proud of myself because everybody including Dr. Advani and Mrs. Lamba appreciated us. Also it was very exciting for me because this was the first time students had created a 'radio'. It was fun learning how patient we have to be during team work.


Arshee Sahni
Grade 4