11 October 2013

Pathways World School Model United Nations, Aravali by Divya Tyagi, Gr 9 B


The 3 day Model United Nations conference was much more than a usual conference, it was a hope of proving yourself as a resolution. The theme of “I too can be the resolution”, urged delegates to believe in themselves and exhibit the essence of leadership.  11 Students of Pathways Noida, left the school early on the morning of 30th September, commencing their journey to become a part of over 300 ardent delegates from all over the nation. Being one of the eleven and having the opportunity of attending my first Model United Nations conference as a delegate, I was fully charged up with zeal. 

The first day of the conference, marked its importance by an enlightening opening ceremony.  As the conference proceeded, so more did I get a feel of turning into a sincere delegate. Learning, understanding, defending, leading and debating, I passed my three days at the conference. Above all, meeting myriad delegates; I cherished the whole experience of being at an MUN conference. The days went by swiftly, leading us to the closing ceremony. Embracing and treasuring the memories of the past days, finally came the award ceremony. Though, not at all expecting, I bagged the best position paper award there. Having experienced this great MUN, I surely look forward to more MUNs.