16 December 2013

Rupees 15,410/-, the Highest Fund raised through Readathon, Aditi Amritesh Form 4B


   
This year, I raised Rs. 15410/- against my reading efforts that totalled 910 pages across 8 books. Reading is my PASSION and I could do it 24x7 if I didn't have to sleep or eat!! Even though I had read 910 pages, I was a bundle of nerves at the thought of approaching people to sponsor my reading efforts. But I put aside my nervousness with a hope of achieving something meaningful. So I cheerfully greeted people, introduced myself, our school, the Read-A- Thon and explained how I was hoping for their generous appreciation of my reading efforts to help needy children.

I was touched by the kindness and willingness of people to support my cause. Many people appreciated my reading and some even listened to stories from the books I'd read. Some people were so impressed with my reading that they contributed generously. People appreciated the idea behind Read-A-Thon. I felt good that people had not blindly donated money.

With the money we all have raised, I wish that needy children can get food, toys, clothes, books and some happy moments. At the end of Read-A-Thon 2013, I feel very rewarded that I could use my best skill - READING - for a good cause.