17 October 2014

Trip to Kumaon from 27th Sept. to 3rd Oct was a memorable and a learning experience! - By Aryaman Dewan Form 9

The trip to Kumaon from 27th Sept. to 3rd Oct was a memorable and a learning experience.

It taught me that in our lives we do not remember days but remember moments and in this trip I gathered a lot of these moments which will stay with me through out my life and which I hope will help me grow as a human being.
I thank my school and my parents to give me an opportunity to go for such a wonderful trip. Kumaon as a place is beautiful and the early morning view was just breathtaking.
Let me share some of the most wonderful moments of the trip with you.
We were in for a small surprise the first day we reached the camp as there were no proper toilet seats. To manage and to find a way of using the toilet was an experience I will never forget.
The first of trekking was also a challenge for me because of some medical problems but Mr. Satish of MindVisa, boosted my confidence and gave me the courage to overcome my problem and on the last day I was able to complete my trek in spite of my health issues. It also taught me that with the right encouragement and determination you can overcome any difficulty.
Seeing the butterfly collection and holding the snake for the first time in my hand were wonderful experiences also.
Working in the orchard and in the farm made me realize that there is more to life than laptops and video games. It brought me close to nature and now I have told my mom of handing over the responsibility of the garden to me.
Last but not the least I made a lot of new friends from other schools.
The games we played helped in breaking the ice between us and we ended up making friends from other schools especially Auroville school from down south.I learnt about their culture and also learnt some Tamil words.

I hope we remain in touch with each other and develop a friendship which lasts us a life time.
In short "I loved the trip".