21 November 2014

Interview with Ms. Phyllis Reynolds Naylor by Tanvi Amrit Gr 6


On the 13th of November we had a telephonic interview with Mrs. Naylor, the author of Shiloh the novel we are studying . We found out about the book to help us with our interview. As a class we wrote and shortlisted a few questions we would ask her. And then on the morning of the 13th we all went to the room 101 where we waited as the speakers were tested. As I stood in the line of the people asking the question a shiver of excitement went down my spine, I could not believe that I was going to interview the author of the book that I am reading. As I introduced the class I felt extremely excited and I was grateful to get the opportunity to talk to an author. She told us a lot of things about how if we feel anything we can make it into a story. She told us about how a simple incident can make a story about how we can write a story ourselves. She told us that reading, and writing was the key to becoming a good author.