6 September 2013

Awards


“Error is only the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently” – Henry Ford

The secondary school awards ceremony did not mark perfection, or a  path  with no  mistakes, it was in fact, a show of appreciation for 



THE COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP AWARD being given to ANYA LAURIA by Director, Pathways, Mr. Praveen Jain,for       
            demonstrating  leadership skills  in  several  areas  within the school community, in the Class of  2012-13


those who tried their best, to their full abilities and reached their goal. It was for the students who stayed dedicated throughout. Whether it be the special awards, the academic awards, or the investiture ceremony, the whole room was full of this proud aura. I’m sure most of it came from those sniffling parents on the right, but the students cheering and hooting for their friends from the left was like a cherry on top of a perfect day.You know how when someone announces the chief guest’s turn to speak and the whole audience inwardly groans, and then continues to glare at the chief guest throughout his or her speech? This time, the negative reactions came to a stop still after the groan. The chief guest’s speech was so engaging and interesting, that it was almost surprising. He was frank and honest about his job and his experience. It completely perked the audience up.
Sure, we go to the same school. We see each other everyday . . . but this feeling of the whole school united, is rarer than you’d think. But this unison being rare is what makes it special.
Anya Lauria Gr 8A
                     
                 


                    THE ETHICAL LEARNER AWARD being given to MEHAK DIWAN by Director, Pathways,
       Mr. Praveen Jain, for being balanced and principled in her conduct in all school areas, in the Class of 2012-13
        
It  was  there that I felt it all been acknowledged. Don’t get me wrong I had been, several times in the past but it gave me a different feeling when they called my name out and announced my winnings. My heart raced fast and my head felt heavy. As I walked up the stage and shook hands with Dr. Advani I felt so proud of what I’d done. Every eye was on me, I had earned this. Standing there on stage, with the yellow spot light right on me and my certificates held tight in my hand I knew I would do anything to live this moment again. I would try harder each year just for this glorious moment, and hope it felt just as similar yet different each time.
Mehak Diwan Gr 8A



It was a lovely day on 30th Aug. because it was the award ceremony and we were all getting awards for last year. All the children were excited because each of them were getting awards. The children were so happy that they could not stop jumping.
Even our tiny students were full of joy and happiness. They were not only getting awards for Hindi and Maths but they got them for the good skills that they use. The new students also took part by giving guest the welcome gifts and helping the teachers.  My favourite part was the song presented by the choir. I think all of us really enjoyed the day, especially the grade 2 melodious song. I hope all parents liked it.
Natasha Gupta Gr 4

In the award ceremony we and our parents had lots of fun. We got our last years awards in front of our parents. And I know that the parents were proud of their children. The room was filled with the Children’s smile like a smiley ball.
Falak Suteri & Aadya Verma Gr 4