22 September 2013

Extempore by Noyonika Gaba Gr 5A

Today I had a lot fun because I was dressed up as Miss Trunchbull from the book Matilda. We had an extempore competition where we had to speak on the given situation on the spot from the perspective of the character we were dressed as. It was trickier than we had imagined!
I was very nervous and when I was called to pick up a chit, I was excited and went out to think about my topic. My topic was “When I found a magical lamp”. I prepared myself to speak about something but when I went on the stage, I went completely blank and spoke something else. I spoke with a lot of enthusiasm. I tried not to look at Mrs Lamba, Dr. Advani and the judges or else my mind will get stuck in them and will speak something wrong. I finished before time and was very confident on the stage. After my performance, I was only thinking about the performance and couldn't concentrate on what others were speaking. I was asking my friend how did I do and was waiting very eagerly for the results. Don’t get me wrong, but I was thinking that I will win. When it was time for the results there were butterflies in my stomach and when it was announced that the Air house came first, I was very happy ... not just for air house, but for myself too.