11 December 2015

Student Led Conference, 3rd and 4th 2015


The student led conference 2015 was a great experience for
students and teachers. It was away for us to reflect on the progress we have made as Grade 9 IGCSE student. It allowed us to focus on our strength and work on our weakness. Collecting evidence, working on the reflection, putting our thoughts and work to paper. The entire process was a rich learning experience, where everybody put in time and effort to introspect about the concepts learnt and the skills acquired. We got feedback from the teachers that gave us a holistic perspective to set our targets and goals which are realistic and achievable.
The parents were very excited and supportive, listening to our presentation and asking question about the goals, reflections and choice of evidence .SLC provided a very formal platform which parent and student could engage and interact. The whole process allowed me to set direction for my improvement and growth .I have made plans based on the same that will help me to move forward to achieve the goals set
 Inika Prasad, Grade 9

The Parent Teacher Meeting or PTM is an exceedingly common term and occasion familiar to both students and parents. However, the much less common Student Led Conference or SLC has brought its own share of contributions to the Grade 9 parent,
teacher and student community at Pathways School Noida. First, the students of Grade 9 were made aware of the steps that we need to take to assure a fruitful SLC for both us and our parents. We had to choose 4 subjects that we would present in different ways for different reasons, two academic subjects, one creativity subject and one transfer of skill subject. I, Ishaan Gupta chose Math, Physics, Chemistry and English Literature respectively. I reflected on my strengths and weaknesses for each subject, I provided evidence to depict these. Furthermore, I set goals for each subject that resided in a specific time frame with achievable steps. To me it definitely helped me improve my organization skills since the frantic search for sheets to use as evidence is a definite reminder to be more organized in the future. The whole process of reflecting on your studies, works and self as a high school student really put things into perspective for me. It showed me what kind of student I am and what I need to improve on. Also it was definitely an enriching experience sharing and discussing my reflections and evidences with my mother and supervisor.
 Ishaan Gupta,  Grade 9

Parents SLC feedback
 1)           I am very satisfied in the way which SLC   was conducted. Adding anything more would not be of any help. I came with an open mind and absorbed a lot. It was pleasure attending it and a learning moment for me.

Parent of Ishaan Gupta Grade 9

2) Process like SLC improves and boost my child’s level further is most welcomed. We find a huge improvement in my child’s confidence level
Parent of Noah Khair Grade 9

 3) SLC is a good opportunity to understand my child’s goal and performances in the subject. Thank you for such process.
Parent of Sang Jun Lee Grade 9
  
4) Exposure and Participation in events like SLC is one reason why we wanted him to be in an IGCSE /IB school

 Parent of Tunir Mukerjee