9 December 2011

Our Memorable Experience

We waited in the Admin Block for Yuvraj Singh - the cricketer to come. We were nervous as if we were meeting the President of India. The student council from the senior school was besides us, too.  He got a little delayed so we were even more anxious than before. When he entered our school we welcomed him and showed him around the school. He was wearing white glasses with blue lens, a red and yellow Ferrari T-shirt and a pair of ordinary jeans. He saw us and said “WOW! Children to welcome me.” As we were entered the Primary block all the early learners were cheering for him saying, “Yuvraj Yuvraj!!!!” and waited excitedly to see their hero. Teachers, students, and staff were excited and were taking pictures.
 
As we walked into the middle school and senior school we were surprised by the whole school eagerly waiting for him. In the assembly we presented the bouquet of flowers to the amazing cricketer. Yuvraj Singh gave a little speech and then everyone asked so many questions. Most of them were from the middle and senior school yet there were lot from the primary school, too.
 
Anjali Peterson
Form 5
 Anjali: “The whole time I was smiling and excited to meet Yuvraj. He wasn’t as I had expected but that doesn’t matter now. I was lucky because I got to present him the Bouquet”
Dhruv: “I feel lucky too, because I got to take his autograph and also his interview as an Ed-board member. When I reached home I could not believe that I had met one of the best cricketers in the world.”