31 August 2012

My Reflections as a Primary School President

From the day I joined Pathways I always dreamt that someday I would become something & help my school to grow and become a better place.  When I got to know about student council I already had made my decision “I am gonna stand for the elections”
When grade 4 was about to end, me and my friends went to Miss Megha’s room for Transition. There she told us to prepare ourselves and our minds for positions we seek and even to plan the speech for the elections during vacation. Every night in Switzerland I used to take out my journal, think about the speech & write important points.
Then came grade 5! I started campaigning I made bright posters. The campaigning went on for a few days and then it was time to prove ourselves, followed by speeches before the Primary School.
The day of the DECISION where it was announced that I became the president of primary school- What a proud moment for me and my parents!!!
That was the best day of my life. I know I am going to face many problems  but I am confident and will fulfill my duties. I have set many goals for myself as a President, identified some problem areas in the school and am preparing myself to extend out to other students.
Neel Barun
Grade 5
Primary School President