15 April 2013

Adventure Camp to Jim Corbett National Park by Chahana & Anya Gr 7A

Will it be fun ? What if I have a fight with my friends ? What if I fall sick?

The very first day, early in the morning, the children were buzzing with excitement, and parents , teachers and students were milling around, holding  bags and giving instructions . It all felt so new and strange . But only after 5 hours into the bus ride, the feeling had gone away. We had so many plans, we planned out various activities, but I never thought I would learn quite so much while at it. The first day, when we had our treasure hunt, we were put together in a team of 20, both the 6th and the 7th graders worked together, and in the end, our group (the jaguars ) won.
The Jungle safari was yet another experience of its kind, that was adventure, truly;  Then, on the last day , we had horse riding , we felt so scared I felt I had to sing so that the horse didn’t get spooked from my fear.  Scrambling was planned for afterwards, it was a challenge and a bit scary, as none of us had ever scrambled the rocks before, but in the end it all turned out well. Then it was time to go to Nainital for shopping, so we walked all the way down to Nainital, and then all the way back, and we were so tired, we couldn’t even speak properly. But it was a learning. We had pushed ourselves beyond our limits, but we were all in it together; For once, no one felt out of place.
From day 1 to day 4, on the ride back home , I had gotten to know my class so much more better . After all this, I think, we’ll be able to think and work together as one.