26 April 2013

Personal Project Presentation

Personal Project is an excellent opportunity offered to our Grade 8 students, to produce an original and creative piece of work of their choice and to demonstrate the various skills that they have developed along the way, which include planning,researching, analyzing, reflecting,recording, organizing, meeting deadlines, creating and finally presenting. It is a completely student-directed inquiry in line with the requirements of the IB programme. The students are assigned a supervisor each who guides them through this process.


My personal project was to make and discover my top ten favorite desserts and to record my experiences and learning in a blog for everyone to see. I chose this topic because I was always passionate about cooking and baking, since a very young age and I wanted to take my passion to the next level.  I realized the importance of getting the right ingredients and measuring them accurately to get a perfect cake.
 Sanya Chawla  Gr 8B
                                                                       

I had a great experience this year by making a “Paper Folding Book” as my Personal Project.
It was easier for me than all the other topics as I have learned origami in Korea, but it took a lot of time. I faced some difficulties too, so I got help from websites and Korean origami books and completed it.
I am satisfied with my final product, but if I had more time, then probably I would have made more pages and decorated well. But still, I am proud of myself.
I think making a project ourselves is really a good activity. Also I think this is a happy memory for me to keep forever.
Jaeyoung Hong Gr 8A


My Personal Project has left me with the thinking skills to achieve any academic potential, the capacity to work harder than I have ever before, the patience to finish something
I have started even if it takes months, the motivation to find time for something even in the extremely busy schedule I am forced into, and, perhaps most importantly, the encouragement to pursue my interest in journalism and filmmaking and at the same time learn about a subject close to my heart: women empowerment.
Malak Khan  Gr 8B




We all knew it was coming, ‘it’ being the dreaded project that supposedly brought tears to the eyes of every 8th grader. We were already prepared for the long and tiring process known as the 

Personal Project. The following six months threw us into a world of self-learning and research. It all started with a question. Every student had an essential question; it basically guided them through their entire project. Other important aspects of the project include the written report, the final product and of course, the supervisor. Our supervisors basically supported us through the entire project. They made the toiling worth it all.

Ayona Sengupta 8B