26 April 2013

Experience at Pathways School Noida


It is not easy for someone to change their school, but in Pathways, it was quite smooth sailing for me. The friendly and welcoming environment in Pathways Noida made my first day very easy and comfortable.
One thing that makes this school different from others is these people who are shaping the environment of the school. Over the past few days, I started getting used to the methods of teaching and learning at Pathways. Students are not spoon fed, they have to do their work on their own. The students have to make their decisions and take ownership for that. In the pre-term programme, the emphasis is not on facts which we have to learn because we are focusing on learning skills rather than content. The teachers here guide us in our projects but we have to carry out the research by ourselves. The facilities in Pathways are definitely up to the standard of an international school.  The students and teachers here in Pathways are very friendly and supportive. Our school encourages many extra-curricular activities. There are so many clubs running like: dance, drama, public speaking, social service etc, which according to me, is crucial for the all rounded education of a student. Pathways is a school that not only offers good education but also has various methods of building up the character of a student.
My journey in Pathways till now has been very different but splendid and I hope it continues to be the same throughout my time in this school.

Yashovardhan Choudhari
Gr 8 (Pre Term)


It has not been much time for me since I joined Pathways, but the friendly and caring nature of the students and the teachers helped me to get comfortably settled into the new environment.
I believe Pathways Noida offers various opportunities to students where they can indulge themselves, not only in academics, but also in extra-curricular activities as they help in our overall development. I think the teaching and learning here is quite different as it makes the teachers facilitators not the instructors and the students: better learners. I am developing the habit of doing my work independently. The logo of Pathways ‘Learn Work Play Think Live’ also reflects the same. Being a part of the clubs, like dance Club, is helping me in refining my talent and  activities like writing blogs, articles for school magazines and the most importantly, reflecting back on the work has made me confident about my skills.

Last week watching the 8th grade students presenting their personal projects in front of their parents showed me how a student can project his/her own talent and passion with responsibility and ownership.  There is a lot more to go and I am really hoping and looking forward to be part of these exciting activities     in future. 
Nitya Jindal Gr 8 (Pre Term)