15 March 2012

Camp Tikkling

Camp Tikkling was amazing. It was a loud and a crazy bus ride with grades 4 & 5 but the Camp and the staff and the views were wonderful. Hills surrounded 3 sides of it and we had a great view of the sunset. We had a great time bonding with each other and with the teachers around us. We met lots of new people. The teachers there were very nice.
We slept in these big tents. Five children, and one Teacher in each tent. Once we all heard that we all groaned but it really didn’t matter. We were having too much fun and learning all this new stuff that by the end of the day we were pooped. Everyday was filled with adventure and fun and of course there is always learning included.
We went for a trek in the mountains and climbed at the very top this was where we could see a beautiful view of the whole place which seemed like we were in a plane. Then we had two activities: we had rock climbing and rappelling so first we did rock climbing to the top and then we did rappelling to come back down. Rock climbing was quite scary and rappelling was much more scary - it was like falling off a cliff. At night we had a bonfire and we performed a dance, some jokes and sang songs. We also did Flying Fox, Zorbing, Obstacle courses,. The best part was the trip to a nearby village where we played with the buffaloes, tasted their fresh milk and also made roti with didis and churned milk to make butter sitting on charpais.

I have learnt many things. I really think that my confidence level has really gone up. I was a little scared but being there and having others comfort me helped me. I also learned that some need to be comforted and cheered on for them to feel like ‘I can do this’. I felt like there were some times where I could practice that. I really love being in the open like that. One of the great things was that we all I think felt safe and comfortable with all of the staff and instructors. One of the best trips I have gone to. I am being 100% honest. I am looking forward to many more in the future

Anjali Peterson and Anhad Viswanath
Form 5