15 March 2012

Tirthan..A New World Discovered

From the 28th of February to the 3rd of March, all the Middle School students went on a trip to an adventure camp situated in Himachal Pradesh. We travelled in a Volvo bus for 16 hours before we reached the much awaited camp. When we reached we were allotted our tents and sent to collect our luggage. I was excited and adrenaline was flowing through my veins.
Over the period of five days, we learnt many skills ranging from rock climbing to river-crossing. We also played games, though weirdly named, were a lot of fun. Each of these activities was quite safe and our instructors were reliable. I was completely relaxed and ready to embrace the opportunity to spend time with my friends and learn new things. Out of all the activities, the one that excited me the most was our river-time. Our allotted time at the river was relaxing and exciting at the same time. Wading through the current is one of the things that will always make my stomach churn with thrill. All of us were very enthusiastic about swimming in the river. Unfortunately a lot of that disappeared, when we got drenched in the current as the water was ice cold. Still we continued ahead and had our fun.
Though the bus ride was long and tiring, it was worth it. The games taught us a lot about survival and each other’s weaknesses and strengths. The journey was strenuous but it was completely worth seeing the picturesque scenery surrounding the camp. The whole trip was a great experience and we wouldn’t have traded it for anything. The only drawback was the weather! We learnt quite a lot of things and I personally, would love to go on such a trip again.
Ayona Sengupta
Gr 7

The trip to the camp was a very new experience for me.  I had wished to go to a camp but I never thought I would really go! The bus-ride was tiring but it was worth it. We did so many fun things like, rock climbing, river crossing and various other activities that I had never experienced.  And sleeping in the tent and washing our own utensils taught me to work independently.  Crossing the river and making our own food, tent and fire was the highlights of the whole trip. And of course in the end a talent show which I enjoyed and others did too. This trip has taught me that working together would make things a lot  more easier than working alone. I hope that next year I go to a trip just like this and enjoy it with my mates

Swagatalaxmi
Gr 8