18 May 2012

A Diary of Reflections of Middle School Pre-termers

Amazing, nervous, exciting and fabulous! My first day at Pathways was all this and more. My new friends were as sweet as chocolate; my new teachers were as friendly as my previous school. Everyone took care of me.
I liked the way of teaching at Pathways. Teachers ask interesting questions and students find answers to them. We did many activities in English, Math, Science, and ICT. All of them were fun. DT and Art are my favorite. In DT we work in the workshop. In art we worked with glue gun and paints. Also we did newspaper rolling, this was my favorite. In my previous school, there were so many students so teachers couldn’t take care of everyone. But here and specially pre-termers were less so teachers could look into every students work and take care of them.
Soohyeaon Na
Pre Term Grade 6

Pathways has been a pleasant surprise after my previous school given how much difference there is in the teaching methods as well as the content and level. The children are also very different from what we had. Here the number of students in Grade 8 as a total is the half of what we had in each section. Such a change, I always kept thinking during the first few days, “Where are all the people?!”. The facilities are world class, the DT lab being the star of the show as no other school I know offers this subject. Every subject is taught with such detail, whether Arts or Music, I already know how to read notes! Every subject and activity is given importance, everything and everybody is equal!
I have grown in more ways than one. As a person I am much more confident about what I am, who I am and what my strengths and weaknesses are. I have become friendlier and more open to different people. In true sense, Pathways is and will continue to change me into a true global citizen. It will broaden my thinking and teach me to be consistent in my work, teach me to be hard working and teach me not to take things I have for granted. I will be a self dependent person and learn instead of mugging up, I will truly discover my interests and develop the same in subjects that I didn’t like before. It’s already started, Math is now one of my favorites and so is Art!!
Radhika Sharma
Preterm Grade 8

The learning environment is very different here in Pathways from most other schools.  The board (International Baccalaureate or IB) is different from others and the teachers focus on the more important parts of learning and they teach in a very nice way. They believe learning is a lot more important than just knowing the answer. We have lots of activities like Art, P.E twice a week; Drama, Music and Dance, since they build up personality ! I love the learning environment here!
At first , in my previous school , I couldn’t wait to get home , now when I get home I can’t wait to go to school again . I’ve grown more confident in speaking up in class, shifting to Pathways has done me a lot of good !
Anya Lauria
Pre Term Grade 6