24 February 2013

Leadership Skills - Workshop for Grade 7

“What are the chances?” I thought to myself. Two squares to my side, and two squares ahead of me. I make up my mind, as my shivering foot steps forward; all eyes look at me with eager now… Had I ruined everything?

On the 14th and 15th of February, Form 7 had a workshop on Leadership. We had two people come from Youreka who made us realize the importance of leadership through several interesting activities. The workshop started with a basic introduction to then trickling down to knowing ourselves and our classmates better. We then discussed each one of our role models and why we looked up at them. Some people said it was their determination while some said it was their open minded nature.  And that opened the door to the many activities that were in store for us. Surprisingly, we realized all of these skills came down to your level of confidence.
Soon enough, we were taken to the field where we played a game in where which each of us had a chance to complete a maze-like mat. When we went back and discussed the activity we realized almost every one of us made a careless mistake because deep inside we all had a pressure and a temptation to be the right one and that’s what pulled us further away from our goals.
I feel that this workshop really helped me boost up my level of confidence and it changed the way I view many things. I also learnt to respect everyone’s opinion as that’s the very first step towards success.
Mehak Diwan
Gr  7A

A leadership workshop was conducted on 14th and 15th of February for the seventh grade students. It was a life changing experience for me in which I learnt so much about myself and many other things. Our main objective was to use ESTAR in our daily lives. ESTAR stand for-Ethics, Self-confidence, Taking charge, Achievements and Respect for others. We came to know about each of these terms by doing activities and discussing about them. I had never enjoyed so much with my classmates: playing, working, thinking and the thing that mattered most was that we all were together. No boundaries by gender, reputation or any other kind of prejudice. I wish we have this leadership workshop every year. As I mentioned it was a lifetime experience which I will never be able to forget.
Shubhi  Raghav
Gr 7B


The leadership workshop that grade 7 did, was certainly a new experience for us. On Thursday morning, waiting for the counselors to arrive, we had no idea of all the fun we would be having. Most of the time, we played games such as guessing the other person fast, minefield and a blindfold game. However, these games each had their learning. We played a game called the poker face, which I think opened my eyes the most. We arranged ourselves unconsciously in the order of what we think of ourselves in the class. At the end of each day we sat down and discussed what we did during the day, and what we learnt. We worked on coordination and team spirit. At the end of it all, I think, it was fun and we learnt a lot , about us and others , and I would be willing to do it again.

Anya Lauria
Gr 7