9 February 2013

President, Student Council Pathways School Noida

It was in just a few moments that the butterflies in my stomach turned into a huge ball of excitement. This was the moment when I went from being just another student to the President of the Students’ Council. This did not register in my mind at that time, and it is still not completely in my system yet. I won’t disagree that the process and journey to becoming the President was not a piece of cake. It took intimidating interviews, hours of campaigning and overcoming my stage fright to get here. A good leader is someone who does not walk in front of the crowd, but walks with the crowd, develops consensus to achieve end goals. This is what I will follow. My job is to voice my fellow students’ opinions and lead them through correct paths towards the end goals.
I am extremely fortunate to have the fellow members of the students’ council as so enthusiastic and clear about their goals. We all are really compatible and make a good team. I do hope that this will result in a quicker and easier decision-making process. I am positive that the coming year will be full of fun and good memories.
 
Sonal Chawla
President, Student Council 12-13
Pathways School Noida