9 February 2013

Outgoing President of Student Council - Ifrah Khanyaree

On 6th February 2013, The investiture ceremony for the student council 2013-2014 took place in the senior school atrium. I gave my last ever speech as the President of Pathways Noida and said:
“As I stand here today for the last time as the President of Pathways School Noida, I understand that time truly does fly fast. It seems like yesterday when I was sitting with the Council and we were brainstorming ideas to include in our first proposal or running around the school getting things in order for Teacher’s Day. I have learnt that leadership is not a luxury but a responsibility. The past year has been a whirlwind of ups and downs, of experiences and opportunities that have taught me things that go way beyond the classroom. It is a hard job but it needs to be done and I could not have done this without the wonderful group of people that made up this council , I am ever so grateful to them for doing their best.
There are certain things that I will never forget, be it finally completing the constitution of our student council or feeling the thrill, enthusiasm and unity displayed by ever member while creating our first proposal for the changes in our uniform. It is after that proposal that I understood how the administration and the students have to work together to achieve what is best for our school and I hope that the incoming council remember this. I will never forget the constant running around in the cafeteria making sure everyone was settled before the assemblies began. I want you all to know that these memories are priceless and I hope our new president, Sonal remembers to treasure the moments that their council will create.
I am also indebted to Mr. Tagore and Ms. Puja for their constant support and guidance and to all of you Pathways students for helping us fulfill our responsibility.  I would like to congratulate the new council and I want you all to remember that there will be times when you will fail , there will be times when you will want to give up but always remember that there are hundreds of people who are looking up to you ,be strong and keep you head held high. All the best”
Ending my tenure by being able to give this speech , was a perfect ending to a wonderful year of memories and achievements.

Ifrah Khanyaree
Out Going President, Student Council
Pathways School Noida