22 November 2012

1st Pathways Noida Inter School Tennis Competition


“Champions keep playing until they get it right” -Billie Jean King

It gives me a great pleasure to inform you  that we hosted our 1st  Pathways Noida Inter School Tennis Competition in our School on 9th  & 10th November, 2012. The different schools from Noida and our Pathways Gurgaon and Aravali also participated in our competition. There were  46 students who participated in the competition in 2 groups of boys and girls U/14 & U/17.

1.            Pathways School Noida
2.            Pathways School Gurgaon
3.            Pathways World School Aravali
4.            Kothari International School Noida
5.            Bal Bharti Public School, Noida
6.            Step By Step School Noida
7.            Genesis Global School Noida
8.            DPS Noida
9.            Jaypee Public School Noida

The students of our school performed well considering that this was their first Tennis tournament. Here are the details;

1.            Parth Kapoor – Form 9 – Reached quarter finals
2.            Gantavya K   -   Form 9 - Reached quarter finals
3.            Samridh A    -   Form 7 - Reached quarter finals
4.            Vishesh        -    Form 8 - Reached quarter finals
5.            Ananya Jain -    Form 6 – 4TH Position
6.            Taapsi Kohli -    Form 8 – 2nd Position

Deepak Thakur
Head of Physical Education Department

 
           Inter School Tennis Tournament - An Experience
“Losing is not bad but giving a fight back and then losing is what is important”.  This was what my coach Mr. Amit Nair said before I went to play my sport, Tennis. Playing a match after so many years was not easy, I was scared and nervous - not scared of losing but of disappointing people who had their hopes high. It started off with one match, followed by 2 matches and then before I could even think about my game I was in the finals. It hadn’t been easy for me to cope with the high expectations. The most proud moment of the whole tournament was when I had my tennis jersey on with my name written at the back and my school’s name at the front. I was very happy with me reaching the finals but the smile on my coaches, friends, family and the teachers face doubled my happiness leaving me speechless. It is just the beginning and I am sure next time the trophy will be ours. This win was for my coach, Mr. Amit Nair and all those people who believed in me.
 
Taapsi Kohli
Form 8